Orange Beach Things To See
Orange Beach – World class deep sea fishing, beautiful beaches, luxury condos, Ono Island, Flora-bama, The Wharf for dining and incredible concerts
Orange Beach Real Estate Guide – http://www.jasonwillrealestate.com/results/?city=49790%2C49734
Boasting the perfect climate for year-round living, the city of Orange Beach offers lifestyle options to complement any age from young to retirement. From modern, luxury high-rise condominiums, or cozy, peaceful beach cottages, you can choose the housing situation best suited to your lifestyle.
Centrally located along the Alabama Gulf coast, Orange Beach offers a convenient getaway or serene long-term escape. Often, visitors to Orange Beach fall in love with its climate, beaches, and amenities and choose to make a permanent vacation, retirement destination, or family relocation here.
Alabama’s artificial reef program produces habitats for reef fish and a playground for scuba divers and reef fishermen. Both inshore fishing—on the back bays, coves and canals—and off-shore fishing in the gulf, available 12 months a year, make the city any fisherman’s dream. For the younger set, Adventure Island theme park offers rides, thrills, and a volcanic eruption.
Foodies find a haven in the dozens of restaurants from casual seafood grills to local pizza shops to romantic waterfront dining on Perdido Beach Boulevard.
- The Wharf: Boasting the tallest Ferris Wheel in the Southeast, The Wharf offers beachside shopping, dining and pleasure activities set among the coastal wetlands. The landmark Ferris Wheel, at 112 feet, offers towering views and glowing lights that illuminate the night sky. An amphitheater with a seating capacity of 9,500 offers events from local musicians to Grammy Award-winning headliners.
- Backcountry Trails: Well-marked trails for visitor and residents to hike, bike or wild-life watch, these trails offer easy, safe, and well-maintained access to scenery ranging from swampland to cliffs overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.
- White Sand: The powdery white sand beaches of Gulf Shore come from quartz grains washed down to the Gulf from the Appalachian Mountains.
- USS Oriskany Aircraft Carrier: The world’s largest artificial reef, created by sinking the 888 ft. USS Oriskany Aircraft Carrier, draws anglers and scuba divers to its abundant sea life.
- Red Snapper World Championship: Orange Beach hosts the largest bottom-fishing tournament in the world with guaranteed prize money of $150,000 and more.
Good to know
- City of Orange Beach: Check the city government website for vital information from city services and ordinances to community events.
- Orange Beach Event Center: With conference, meeting and exhibit space, wedding banquet, and catering facilities, the Orange Beach Event Center on the Warf hosts public and private events.
- Ocean Beach Public Library: The library offers programs for adults and children, with test proctoring, story time and summer reading programs, book clubs, and downloadable ebooks. Residency is not required for a library card.
- Baldwin County Public Schools: Baldwin County is a national leader in a progressive, innovative digital approach to K-12 learning. Hallmarks of the Digital Renaissance programs are that students are the center of the classroom learning experience. Digital tools empower teachers to connect students with innovative learning opportunities.
- Gulf Coast Senior Alliance: A team of professionals, from healthcare specialists to Financial Advisors, pledge high ethical standards of service to the area’s senior community.