Orange Beach Alabama Visitors Guide
Search Gulf Front Condos For Sale in Orange Beach, AL
Orange Beach AL Community is a small beach town that lies on a barrier island on the Gulf Coast near the Florida border. The city of Orange Beach really picks up in the summer months as it is a well sought after tourist community. The population of Orange Beach is a little over 6,000 and has so much to offer visiting families and individuals looking to root themselves in a beach community.
What to look forward to in Orange Beach
- Plenty of fishing and golfing activities
- Amazingly gorgeous white beaches
- More than enough shopping and entertainment at the Wharf center
- The Annual Festival of the Arts which is sponsored by the Orange Beach Arts Center
Orange Beach Population Info
- 1,779 households
- 20.6% of households have children under the age of 18
- 50.0% of household are married couples living together
- 7.8% of households are single female residents
- 38.7% of households are made up of residents that are non-family member .
- 30.4% of all households were made up of individuals
- 11.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
- 16.6% of population under the age of 18,
- 6.4% of population from 18 to 24,
- 28.3% of population from 25 to 44,
- 30.5% of population from 45 to 64,
- 18.2% who were 65 years of age or older.
- The average age was 44 years.
- For every 100 females there were 108.3 males.
- For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.2 males.
- The average income for a household in Orange Beach was $40,542,
- The median income for a family in Orange Beach was $51,222.
Orange Beach History
Orange Beach was inhabited in the late 1800’s by farmers and fishermen. This once isolated body of land has grown into a progressing town which gained its name based on the significance of the citrus crops.
Orange Beach was recognized as a city in 1984 and is a beautiful beach town that continues to attract visitors from all over the nation.
Orange Beach Sports
Orange Beach Sportsplex is home to most of the sports events and tournaments in the area. The Orange Beach Sportsplex is located at the Gulf State Park and has the capacity to host 1,500 visitors. The Sportsplex is a dynamic venue and can host baseball, soccer, and football events. Orange Beach is home to the tallest Ferris wheel in the Southeast at a height of 112 feet. This Ferris wheel is located at The Wharf in Orange Beach which is also not too far from the Orange Beach Sportsplex.
Orange Beach Events & Hot Spots
- National Shrimp Festival
- The Wharf
- Orange Beach Festival of Art
- Orange Beach Sea & Indian Museum
These are just some of the interesting historic events and facts that make Orange Beach the comfortable beach community many visitors and residents have grown to love. You’ll have to visit the white sandy beaches of Alabama yourself in order to truly understand its beauty and comfort.
Orange Beach Alabama Visitors Guide information provided by the Jason Will Real Estate Team 251-866-6464.