Jason Will Real Estate is super excited to feature its latest listing, 23884 3rd Street, located in the lovely, history rich community of Montrose, AL! Nestled between the cities of Daphne and Fairhope, this picturesque residential area maintains its rich southern heritage, having two sites included on the National Register of Historic Places, dating back to the mid 1850s. Among the places of historical significance are mostly residential houses, the former summer homes of Mobile residents. Also, the Montrose Cemetery, established in 1847, still services residents of the surrounding community to this day!
This beautifully renovated home, built in 1982, is nicely appointed on a .64 acre lot. Lush landscaping and mature foliage complement the property’s features and outdoor living spaces. The large covered front porch, with stately columns, provides an inviting precursor to the comfortable, yet high-end amenities found throughout the home. Upon entering the custom glass front door, the foyer opens up into the formal living room, followed by a spacious formal dining room, just off the kitchen. Bamboo hardwood flooring extends throughout the main living areas. In the huge great room, a gas log fireplace, surrounded by a real stone hearth, promises many cozy nights by the fire, without the inconvenience of gathering wood burning supplies.
The stunningly remodeled kitchen is sure to WOW the family chef! With gleaming granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and abundant cabinet space, functionality meets modern renovation. Also, a large window over the kitchen sink allows for great natural light and a pleasant view of the private back lawn.In the oversized master suite, the upgrades are truly numerous. From porcelain tile flooring throughout, to travertine countertops and a custom tiled shower, tasteful luxury is in order! Also, between the dual vanity sinks, a tall glass front cabinet adds to the storage space and convenience of the bathroom.
Another distinctive feature of this home is the massive rear covered patio. Encompassing 40 x 20 square feet across the back of the house, this outdoor living space provides an excellent backdrop for enjoying the serene private backyard or entertaining friends in style. With an outdoor kitchen, complete with sink, travertine countertops and a custom made space for a “Big Green Egg” ceramic charcoal barbecue cooker, the possibilities for outdoor fun are limitless!
This residence has been enjoyed and extremely well renovated and maintained by its current owners. The following interview between the sellers and their Jason Will Real Estate Agent, sheds light on the personal side of 23884 3rd Street, from top features of the property to the surrounding community and what the home truly has to offer:
Agent: How did you know this was the home you were meant to buy?
Seller: “We were looking for a home in a good school district with a convenient location. We stumbled across this home on the web ten years ago, and decided to view it in person. Already familiar with the wonderful neighborhood, we knew the location would be perfect. We were taken by the stone fire place, formal yet casual rooms, and extensive back yard, and knew the ‘good bones’ would accommodate the upgrades we had in mind.”
Agent: What have become your top 5-10 favorite features of the home?
“1) Location! We are minutes to anywhere, and a short commute across the Bay.
2) The land. Our property has mature trees and bushes and we have added throughout the years. From the mature satsuma tree that produces plenty to share, to the beautiful camellias, we enjoy the blooms every season.
3) The neighborhood. Our neighbors are great, and you can tell this is a family friendly place. You can take morning or evening strolls, and know you are in a safe area.
4) The space. When everyone seems to be moving to ‘open concept’ home designs, our home allows for individuals to enjoy activities together or venture out separately. There are many nooks to enjoy a good book or conversations with friends and families. We host family celebrations often, and have plenty of space for all to be comfortable. It is one of the reasons our families choose to gather in our home…they are all very comfortable.
5) The view. Look out of any of the Pella windows throughout the home (they are in every room) and you will enjoy nature at its best! As the seasons change, the blooms do, too. And it is not uncommon to see many different species of birds, since this area is listed as a bird sanctuary.
6) The Bay. You can take a short stroll to the Bay and enjoy stunning sunsets or sunrises. Or just relax on the front porch and enjoy the breezes the Bay sends your way. All while you live high and dry in a no flood zone.
7) The patio. Entertaining has never been easier! The back patio is large and can accommodate lots of family and friends.
8)The kitchen. We love to cook and carefully designed a functional and beautiful kitchen. Storage is plentiful, and the appliances give a novice or pro chef all they need, with a great view, too!
9) The bathrooms. Yes, the bathrooms are spectacular enough to make the list of our favorites! Each one was thoughtfully designed to be unique and accommodate young and older generations.
10) The style. This home is not your “cookie cutter” home. Each room has character. Design was carefully planned. It is an 80s home, and it was built to last! We took those ‘good bones’ and turned this ranch into a Craftsman home delight. It has characteristics you won’t find anywhere else in this county.”
Agent: Where do you find yourself spending the most time in the home and why?
Seller: “1)The great room. The gas fireplace in the winter warms the home, and during warmer weather, we enjoy breezes by opening the windows and turning on the ceiling fan. The room is large enough to accommodate a big group, and is still enjoyed when it is only the two of us.
2)Outdoors. We are nature lovers, and this property allows us to peacefully enjoy creation. If it rains, we can enjoy the sounds as it bounces off the metal roof and we stay dry under the large covered porch. And if we must be in doors, we can open our windows and let nature and Bay breezes join us, while we enjoy the songs of the area birds.”
Agent: What improvements have you made to the home or property over the years?
New metal roof.
New Pella Windows.
New functioning shutters.
Newly remodeled front porch and back porch columns.
New gas logs for the fireplace.
New gas tankless water heater.
New landscape and lighting.
New utility room cabinetry.
New guest bath complete with slate and travertine, new custom built wood vanity, a brand new tub and toilet.
New master bath complete with walk in glass and tile shower, tile floors, travertine, new custom built wood vanity, Brizo fixtures, new Restoration Hardware lighting, and a new toilet.
New master bedroom tile flooring.
New kitchen cabinets, dishwasher, and double gas oven.
New hand-stained solid wood interior doors throughout.”
Agent: What are your favorite grocery stores and shops in the area?
Seller: “Publix and Target are conveniently located, making it easy to run out and get that one item you forgot, quickly.”
Agent: Any interests or hobbies you enjoy on or near the property?
“Walking/ jogging/ biking the scenic 98 trail and our neighborhood.
Riding bikes to downtown Daphne or downtown Fairhope.
Photography-Lots of nature photo opportunities.
Cooking-whether inside or grilling out back.
Dining downtown Fairhope.
Concerts on the Bluff in Fairhope.
Church activities downtown Daphne.”
Agent: Average utility costs in summer and winter?
Seller: “Summer: gas~$20, electric~$120, water~$30. Winter: gas~$40, electric~$120, water~$20″
Agent: What will you miss most about living in or owning this property, as well as the surrounding community?
Seller: “The comfortable style our home provides. Each room is comfortable and adequately equipped. It is an entertainer’s dream, and has made hosting celebrations easy. The flow is open enough to allow hosts to visit with guests, and provides space to visit and dine. Because we are centrally located, we are a convenient gather spot for friends and family. And we have the space to accommodate them all.”
Agent: If you don’t mind me asking, why have you decided to sell your home?
Seller: “This home has been wonderful, and we do love it. The past ten years have afforded us wonderful memories. We have decided that it may be time to pass this home on to new owners who need the convenient location and space more than we do, as we look to enter country life.”
|View the Tour|